Mie Jawa, Javanese-style Stir Fry Noodle

It's interesting that I have not been in the mood to blog although I have been eating really well in the past week since I'm on vacation back in Indonesia. I took food pictures left and right but somehow I just couldn't force myself to sit down and start writing about them. I felt like I needed to cook something to get motivated to blog. So this morning, I helped my Mom make Mie Jawa (Javanese-style stir fry noodle) both are easy to made traditional Indonesian vegetarian dishes.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoon unsalted butter (or margarine)
10 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon white peppercorn, freshly ground
1/2 cabbage, cut into strips
3 green onions, roughly chopped
1 cup chopped parsley leaves
3 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 eggs
1 lb fresh egg noodle
1.5 cup fried shallots


Directions: 
* Heat up the butter in a wok over medium heat.
* Stir fry the garlic, salt and pepper for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and the garlic cloves turn golden.
* Add the cabbage, green onion, parsley, sweet soy sauce and oyster sauce into the wok and cover for approximately 2 minutes until the vegetables begin to cook.
* In the mean time, blanch the fresh noodle for a couple of minutes in a separate pan. If you use dry noodles, cook them according to the package minus 3 minutes or so.
* Create a well in the center of the wok and add in the eggs, breaking the yolks in the process.
* Let the eggs cook for a minute or so until they begin to harden and then stir them to make some kind of scramble eggs.
* Add in the noodle and a cup of the fried shallots, continue cooking for 3 more minutes while mixing everything together.
* Serve the noodle with the rest of the fried shallots.

Just visit Food 4 Wibowo site for more detail information.


0 comments: